Friday, August 1, 2008

New Love is a beautiful thing...

New love is a beautiful thing, from what I can remember -- you get those grasshoppers dancing in your brain about what's coming next, about down the road and about happily ever after. Jack and I aren't there yet. If we were in junior high we'd be celebrating our three month anniversary. I like Jack he's a great guy but is he the guy-- I don't know and that's a little scary give the current situation.

I met Jack at a bowling alley. My good friend Maggie at work is on a league -- and on Wednesday night practice she invited me to come along and bowl to see if I wanted to sign up for said league. At the bowling alley -- I was out of place, I had rented shoes, an alley ball and no Michael Jackson glove to help with wrist support. I'm not a great bowler -- I think I would have done better with the bumpers but they don't allow that for leaguers who are practicing. So I bowled a phenomenal 85.

Actually quite sad -- but sadder yet is when I got up to the lane I must tripped a little an sent one of my balls down the wrong lane. Even more surprising was that I knocked down 2 pins -- hooray for me -- bad news for Jack who was working on getting a perfect game. I apologized non-stop for about an hour -- he gave me some tips on how to bowl a little better, also making fun of my shoes and the fact I'm still using an alley ball. I explained I was a guest -- trying to see if the league would be good for me. He shook his head and said you might just want to stick to being a casual bowler. I don't like people to tell me I can't do things, I'm stubborn like that -- I will then almost always do everything in my power to prove them wrong. It's my defect -- I'll admit it. At the end of the game -- Jack wanted to know If I wanted to go out to dinner Saturday, I agreed and we exchanged phone numbers -- he said he'd call to confirm place and time. As I walked out with Maggie -- who is married and lives vicariously through my dating exploits, we giggled a little about the evenings events and agreed to talk more about it at work tomorrow. She got in her car and left -- I get to mine and realize that I have inadvertantly left my head lights on. I drive a modest car without the bells and whistles and one whistle it is missing is that annoying bell most people have to let them know they've left there lights on. I try to turn the car over -- no such luck. The air is a little chilly since it's an October evening. I get out of the car and look around at the almost abandoned parking lot. I try the door to the bowling alley -- it's locked now. I get back to my car Jack is walking over.

"Did you forget something Bea?"
Umm well, I sorta left my lights on
"Oh ok, well do you have jumper cables -
Umm yes, In my trunk.

I open my trunk to get out my jumper cables that are now burried in shoes, clothing, camping equipment from the weekend before.
"Do you live out of your car?"
No, I just haven't got around to bring stuff in - I should probably do that though. Are you going to inspect my trunk on Saturday.
"That's a little forward -- how about dinner and maybe a round of putt putt golf?"
That's not what I meant at all -- leave it to a man to make things sexual.
Oh good, here they are --

Jack proceeds to hook up the cars and succesfully jump start my car. I get out of my car and he walks around handing me my jumper cables. I thank him.

"It was fun jumping you."
Ha-ha, very funny.
Unexpectedly, I hug him and it was very easy to hug him. It was a good hug solid not flimsy and when we pulled away I knew I wanted to kiss him but was holding back. I told him 'thank you' a million more times and then got in my car and he waited to make sure I was on my way out of the parking lot before he followed suit.

2 comments:

Annabelle Tinley said...

Missing the posts, hope you keep at it.

Kristen said...

I'll be posting again shortly! Sorry for the hiatus!